FELDER, a family company in the heart of Tyrol
In 1956 Johann Felder Jnr. together with his wife Gertraud founded the company from his workshop located at his parents' house in Absam, Tyrol. In the same year they were already presenting the first Felder woodworking machines at trade fairs in Vienna and Innsbruck.
With trend-setting machine concepts and high quality products, a success story that is still being written was started. With an early focus on export, the Tyrolean family company soon became well known in the world market. Success requires expansion and at the location in Absam this was no longer possible. It was for this reason that in 1982 the company moved with its 65 employees to the new headquarters in Hall in Tirol, where the company is still present to this day.
In 2000 the company 'Johann Felder' changed from being a registered sole trader to a limited partnership with Johann's wife Gertraud, daughter Elisabeth and sons Hansjörg and Martin Felder all owning a share of the family company, FELDER KG. In the meantime the third generation have now joined the family company and the Felder-Group, with around 400 employees with company headquarters in Hall, is one of the leading worldwide suppliers of woodworking machines for hobby, business and industrial use.